May 31, 2011

Skirting the Issue

Wow! I've been MIA for over a month! Thank you dear reader for sticking with me. All I can say is that May was a whirlwind of ups and downs and, blessedly, a fabulous beach vacation at the end.

In the meantime, I did have just a bit of time for some sewing fun this Memorial Day weekend and I finished this: My spring time floral skirt (two days before summer officially starts! Talk about cutting it close!).

Here's the inspiration card:
I loved the inspiration skirt, but pencil skirts are just not my style. I found this fabulous Lisette fabric at JoAnn's and knew it was a fit! The pattern is from Simplicity's Project Runway series. These patterns couldn't be easier to follow and I love all the options it had. Mostly, I love the soft, simple pleats on the front and back of the skirt and the pockets! Such a simple thing to add, but, surprisingly, not all patterns give you that option!


Instead of going for a full waistband, I opted for the bias binding across the top. Since I don't usually tuck my shirts in (despite what the picture above may show), this works great for me.


I will almost definitely use this pattern again!


Next up: a pair of sleep shorts and the pique dress! (maybe I'll get it done by the end of summer!). Stay tuned for WIP #3 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment