June 8, 2011

W.i.P #5

What a week! I had a nice weekend surprise when my sister came into town for a job interview. She's an elementary ed. music teacher and I would love for her to move to Atlanta and become a Georgia peach! I taught her to sew, so now she's my sewing buddy too! Think of all the hours we can spend slinking around fabric stores together! bliss!!

I spent some time making the denim skirt that's been in the queue for a while (what is it about the ones that are in progress that makes you not want to work on them!?) and more time looking around at parts of town with MC that she might want to move to if this works out. I told her, as we were apartment shopping, "you're going to have the apartment I always wanted!". Haha-- good thing she knows I'm kidding (mostly)-- but I'm really looking forward to helping her get settled, make the most of her hand-me-down furniture and purchase some new stuff for herself (and by help, I mean give advice-- I don't have money for that!).

This weekend, I'm really excited about the Indie Craft Experience Summer Market this weekend in Atlanta! I can't wait to go check out all the craftiness and creativity of the artists who will be there. So many fun ones! Check back after the weekend for pics!

Here's the stats for this week:

Completed:
-denim skirt

In progress:
-Yellow Frill Jacket
-Sleep shorts

In the queue:
-Herringbone skirt
-Pique dress
-baby quilt
-Jamie Tunic
-Marlo Bloom bag
-Sweet dreams pajama pants

Stats:
completed: 1
started: 2
in the queue: 6


Now head on over to Freshly Pieced and see what everyone else is up to! (I'm blown away by the creativity every week!)


2 comments:

  1. Yea! I really need to sew up some clothes soon! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I live below Atlanta so this is cool. Why does my daughter's ballet recital have to be this weekend? Argh! anyway, good job on the clothes!

    ReplyDelete